Monday, March 4, 2013

Baby-in-the-hood

So as my mother knows,  I'm mildly obsessed with my latest creation, the Baby-in-the-hood Jacket from Handmade Beginnings by Anna Maria Horner.

I picked up the book over a year ago when our Borders went out of business.   I thought the jacket was totes adorbs, but looked more involved than I wanted to tackle.  A few weeks ago,  I was cleaning out my craft closet when I came across the book and decided to make the jacket.

I don't know what I was thinking waiting so long!  The pattern is awesome, the coat is precious, and I want to make about five more.  Like right this minute.

I followed the recommendation of someone else and started by sewing the lining first,  and I'm glad I did because I overlooked the topstitching on the sleeves.  Otherwise I had no issues and only had to rip out about two inches of seam,  which has to be a record.

For my almost-10-month mister,  I made the 9-12 size,  but in retrospect I should have made the 12-18 so he could wear it into the spring.   It fits great now,  but probably could stand to be lengthened a bit.   I guess I'll have to make another.  Oh darn!

No comments:

Post a Comment