Sunday, February 12, 2012

More Baby Crafts

By the time May ninth rolls around, anyone reading this blog is going to be super bored with photos of things I have sewed for this baby.  I apologize in advance.  Baby sewing is just sew addictive because it's like instant gratification --everything is so small that it takes minutes to cut and minutes to sew together.  This is my kind of crafting!

Last week I made a couple of burp cloths and a soft tag block.  Apparently babies like to chew on the little ribbons that stick out.  My husband is fascinated with the minky (the green dotty fabric)--he thinks that everything should be made from this fabric.  The tag block was made using the tutorial found at Zaaberry.


The burp cloths are actually made out of cloth diapers because they are supposed to be great for spit-up coverage.   I'm not sure about that yet, but they sure are cute!  There are about a million tutorials for these burp cloths out there.  I liked using the ric-rac, because rather than having to hem the sides of the fabric, I simply sewed the ric-rac close to the edge and then ironed the edge over.  Then I just sewed the whole strip right onto the diaper.







No comments:

Post a Comment