Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Checking In...

Things are happening over here, I promise.

Elliott has had his 4 month photo shoot and the post is written, but the pics still require hubby's attention.

The table and chairs are almost finished.  I have 2 more seats to reupholster, and this reupholstering has taken waaaaayyyy longer than expected.  Turning cane-back chairs into upholstered chairs wasn't super scary, but I have decided that I officially hate making double cord welting.  I need Jeff's help moving the furniture around and the present table requires dis-assembly to get it out of the house, so who knows how long that will take!

Meanwhile, we had a fun little family trip to Burrville Cider Mill this weekend.  If you follow me on Facebook, you already know this.  The Cider Mill is an iconic Watertown staple.  It is absolutely precious--a teeny-tiny cabin perched onto a rather steep hill with a small waterfall behind.  It's always extremely congested, as the locals flock there every weekend morning in the fall for the famous cider donuts.  yum!  Unfortunately, this year the apple prices in NY State went up 200-300% due to the warm winter and summer months, causing the half gallons of cider to cost nearly $5!  That, however, did not stop Jeff from purchasing 8 of them for making some hard cider.  Little Elliott did what he does best, and napped through most of the excitement.







3 comments:

  1. Another wonderful update...keep them coming. It does help to make the distance bearable! Momma loves....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um Erika, where are these 4 months pictures of which you speak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure which anonymous commenter this is, but hubby is the hold up. I'll see what I can do...

      Delete