Monday, June 18, 2012

One Month!


Whew! One month down (actually six weeks at this point-- better late than never)!  So much has happened this month.  In some ways it feels like it went so fast, but in other ways it seems like it was light years ago that I was in labor.

The month got off to a bit of a rocky start,  Elliott lost too much weight,  there were feeding issues, and all he wanted to do was sleep.  By the end of the month things have improved and he is having hours of awake playtime.  He "goos" and "gaas" and even started to smile.  He sometimes follows my voice with his eyes, loves looking at lights, and loves listening to his musical mobile (which Jeff and I are convinced plays the "Mr.Clean" song).  He got to go on his first roadtrip this month-- an eleven hour drive to Kentucky for Aunt Andi and Uncle Adam's wedding.  He didn't mind the trip, sleeping most of the way, and only waking to eat.

While in Kentucky, he seemed to grow over night.  In the beginning of the trip we placed him in a laundry basket, dubbed his "baskinette," to play, and by the end he no longer fit.  In fact, at his one month appointment he weighed 9 pounds 14 ounces,  up from 7 pounds 11 ounces from just a couple weeks before.  He also met all sorts of new family memebers, including both grandpas, great-grandpa "Poppalapogus," and his Uncle Joe.  He even met his new friend Lilly.  


Meeting Grandpa

Meeting Lilly and Anthony

Loving his swing

The biggest change at the end of this month for me, is how much more comfortable I feel as a parent.  I am learning his different cries,  I understand his feeding cues, I can bathe him without causing tears, and most of all I feel entirely more comfortable taking him out of the house.  I no longer feel like I need to run through the grocery store like I have a ticking time bomb in the cart.  I hope Elliott has the same first sentence that I did, "get ba ba, go bye bye!" because there's so much fun to be had in his future!

Getting a bath at Emmie's house


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. Love looking at pictures of our precious Elliott. I can't believe how big he is getting! I so miss holding him....just can't get enough of him. You're so blessed to have such a precious baby, as is he to have such WONDERFUL parents. Thanks for making us such proud grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! He's pretty blessed to have such wonderful Grandparents. Thanks for watching him so much last week! He certainly misses being held all the time:)

      Delete