Sunday, January 8, 2012

Baby Blanket Progress

One of the first things I did when I found out we were having a baby was start to look at fabric for the nursery.  When we found out we were having a boy, I quickly decided on the fabric collection "Backyard Baby" which I purchased here from the Fat Quarter Shop.   Ordering from this shop was a breeze.  I ordered the fabric on Tuesday morning, it shipped that day and arrived at my door by Thursday afternoon.  I love all the adorable colors and cute patterns.  It's hard to pick a favorite, but I really like the two tree designs and the green print with the bugs in mason jars.
(pardon my poor photo quality...Jeff (my husband) has yet to teach me his mad photography skills)

I wanted to make a baby quilt that would showcase the prints nicely, so using the tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew found here, I made a disappearing nine patch quilt.  I had been wanting to try this block for a while now (since Allison made it look so simple and fast) but had been waiting for the right opportunity.  The quilt top came together within just a couple of hours and I'm loving how it came out!


I'm waiting to finish the quilt to I can add a monogram to the bottom corner.

On our long trek to and from KY recently, I started this cute little crocheted bobble blanket as well.  Lucky for me, I chose the perfect shade of yarn that matches the Backyard Baby Collection perfectly.  Here is the progress thus far: 


And a close-up of the cute little bobbles: 


I found this tutorial over at Maybe Matilda's blog here.  It had been a few years since I had crocheted anything, so I had to look up the stitch definitions, but after a few minutes, I was rolling.  I crocheted one entire skein of yarn on one leg of the trip.  I have yet to tackle the ruffle borders, so that might be a different story.  


3 comments:

  1. Erika! So glad to find you on here! You will be SO glad that you started blogging - great keepsake! (I didn't know you guys were in NY!) Can't wait to follow you on your blog & baby adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mica, I have been enjoying your blog for a while now. Ellery is adorable! Hope you are doing and feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun. I am loving this. I can't figure out how to create an I'd, so for now I am annomous. Mom

    ReplyDelete