Monday, January 23, 2012

Finished Blankets



After an exciting fabric delivery from UPS today, I was finally able to finish my baby quilt for the nursery.  I added a little "E" monogram to the corner using my handy Silhouette Machine.  Rather than attempting to sew it on with my sewing machine, I thought it would be easier to just hand stitch it on with a blanket stitch.  



The colors on this next photo look a little off with this lighting (the colors in the above photos are more accurate), but here it is, in all it's glory: 
(Yep, that's my bathroom...it's harder than it seems to photograph a quilt, even a mini one)

I backed the quilt in one of my favorite fabrics from the collection, Windy Day


I love the little dog with the swing...


A few days ago, I also finished the Bobble blanket using the tutorial provided by Maybe Matilda.  I think it's super adorable and I kind of want to make a regular-sized person version.  


And finally, a slightly better photo of the Turtle Pillow (Jeff left his camera on "dummy mode"  so I hardly have to hit buttons...and my photos are still bad).  


Hopefully I'll have more baby project updates soon!

4 comments:

  1. oh how creative, I Love what you made with my fabrics!! Your blanket is darling and that turtle is absolutely adorable. I know exactly what you mean about photographing the finished quilt, even baby quilts are hard. One of my shots was in the bathroom too, hanging over the towel rack haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The towel rack is a good idea! I will have to try that soon!

      Delete
  2. Love your projects. I think "Windy day" was a perfect choice for the backing. The "E" is fabulous. I love this collection of fabrics, too.

    ReplyDelete