Tuesday, January 24, 2012

More Nursery Sewing

I have one or two more sewing projects on my to-do list for the nursery, but I think for the most part, the bulk is now finished.  Today I made a crib skirt from some of the fabric from yesterday's delivery.  To conserve fabric, I made it 3-sided since the crib will be pushed up against a wall anyway.


Since we don't have an actual crib yet, my craft table is doing the modeling.  I also used a tutorial from MADE to make a crib sheet.  The sheet took me under a half hour to sew.  Putting the elastic through was literally the most time-consuming part.  


This fabric is so cute.  From far away it just looks like a geometric print, but up close it's really those little helicopters (at least that's what they were called in my house) that fall from the trees.  It's called Samaras from the Backyard Baby collection (from Patty Sloniger's line by Michael Miller Fabrics) and can be purchased here.   Here is a photo of the crib sheet and skirt together to give an idea of what the crib will look like when it's made.  


I also made the valences for the nursery this week (I've been sewing up a storm over here--that's what North Country winters are good for).  I chose to use the Birch Forest fabric because I like how it looks like vertical stripes.  


For some reason the molding in this room is painted white but the window frames and base boards are painted this weird khaki color.  I think painting everything white is on my to-do list before the baby comes.  

Finally, after searching Syracuse for the perfect rug a couple weeks ago, I broke down and ordered one from Target.  Online it looked sage, but the reviewers said it was more of a pale lime green.  That seemed perfect for our needs, but in real life it looks more bright lime green.  Because we are painting the furniture aqua (we think), we decided to keep the rug since it will be a nice contrast against the furniture.  


Can't wait until we can put it all together!  I'll keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment