Monday, January 9, 2012

Lessons Learned

Today I decided to try out the Silhouette Cameo that Jeff so thoughtfully gave me for Christmas.  I must admit I have been a bit intimidated by this thing thus far.  After opening it, it appeared to be way more technologically advanced than I had hoped.  Since one of the items on today's To-do list was "cut something with the Silhouette," I thought I would give it a go (obviously, today's To-Do list was not super strenuous).  It was pretty simple to figure out how to cut, but I need to invest in some little tools to pick the fine little details off of the sticky cutting mat.  Until I find those tools, I may only be cutting large, simple shapes. (I tried to make an intricate Valentine's Day card...it was a hot mess.)    

I did enjoy playing around with the Silhouette design software.  I have about zero artistic ability and I don't consider myself creative by nature, but I did come up with some cute little designs for nursery wall art (in my opinion).  I was hoping to find 12" by 12" cheap frames, but at Michael's today, 2 packs of canvases were BOGO free so my thrifty self took over and I picked them up instead.  I was quite excited for my Mod Podge-filled afternoon, when I quickly realized I should have sprung for regular frames instead.

It was all fun and games at first....


..but it soon turned into a wrinkly, gooey mess...


I also learned today that you should not try to Mod Podge over anything printed with a regular printer or else your colors will run--who knew?!

At least I tried...


1 comment:

  1. Good try....I am sure you will figure it out

    ReplyDelete