Monday, January 30, 2012

Baby Sewing

A while back, when our Border's was going out of business, I snagged a couple of sewing books.  One happened to be Growing Up Sew Liberated by Meg McElwee.


This book is chock full of super adorable things to make for babies and kids.  I can't wait until this little guy is old enough for the teepee on the front cover.  Our grandma made us a similar one when we were little and it was so much fun.  


A week or so ago, I tackled cleaning out my super messy sewing room closet to discover quite a bit of scrap knit fabric.  I remembered that there were quite a few knit things in Growing Up Sew Liberated, so I decided to make a couple today.  I made the "All-by-myself Bib" and the "Baby Sleep Sack."



I love this envelope style design.  There is a little PJ set with an envelope T-shirt that I might try to make soon.  If you sew and have babies or little kids, I would highly recommend this book. Now I can't wait until I have a cute little model to show off my creations (the cutting mat just isn't doing them any justice)!

4 comments:

  1. Elliott will look so cute...the blue will match his gorgeous eyes.....assuming his eyes are blue of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The teal is the fabric left over from the infinity dress that I made Andi last summer.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for that cute little model either. He will have sooooooooo many things to model. The sleeper and bib are adorable. And I love the diaper stacker. Your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete